Monday, April 27, 2009

Back again!

Hi Everyone!
Well, its been a long long while since I posted anything on the blog, but my Uncle Hugh pointed out something pretty cool I thought I could share. Apparently Penn State has digitized their old yearbooks and Hugh was able to find a picture of my grandpa (David) in the '32 edition.

1932 yearbook cover
Click the image to view a larger version

I was also able to find Ruth in the '48 book...
Click the image to view a larger version

If anyone else has any alumni in their family, the interface on the site is pretty easy. There is a search engine on this page that you can start with:
http://www.libraries.psu.edu/digital/lavie/
There are about 20 results for "Turnbull". I will look through some and see if any familiar faces pop-up. Let me know if you find anyone of interest!

No comments: